Pistons for 1989 Gamefisher 7.5 HP Outboard

mcmurray101

Cadet
Hi<br /> I bought a new 1989 7.5 HP Gamefisher from Sears in the US new in'89.<br /> Last week I cooked it a bit as it was not getting cooled properly when I was trolling.<br /> My local repair man removed the top and advises that I need new pistons.<br />Problem is that Sears no longer list the pistons in their parts department but they do list other parts for this motor. My man also says that the 9.9 and 15 HP for this year all take the same size piston.<br />He has not had any luck locating pistons here in New Brunswick, Canada and I'm hoping that through this board someone can help me locate a source for these. Many thanks,<br />Art

mcmurray101

Cadet
Re: Pistons for 1989 Gamefisher 7.5 HP Outboard

Sorry-- I forgot to list the model Number.<br />It is Model 225.581751, Standard Leg, Serial #5169<br />The Sears part number originally listed for the pistons was 472015-2 (2 pistons)

mcmurray101

Cadet

Thanks Blaze. Yes I did try the 1-800 Sears parts list number before I started my search. They are the ones who told me "no longer avaiable" <br /> I had no luck with the certified parts site.<br /> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.<br />Thanks<br />Art

dicktaber

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi--<br />I have a 5HP Gamefisher; I believe the 7.5 is similar. In mymanual it says that the powere head is made by Tecumseh--when I needed a fuel pump element I bought it at Sears, but the part came in a Tecumseh bag with a Tecumseh P/N. Maybe you can find a Tecumseh dealer and they could help you out? Good luck, Rich

FlyBoyMark

Ensign

I just checked for you....same as Force 9.9 and 15 HP Get your parts from a any Mercury outboard dealer. You might jus be able to up grade it to a 15 HP by changing the carb.........9.9 to 15 HP is done this way, you will need a different intake reed setup, the "reed plate assembly" for 15 hp(reeds,reed stop and plate). If ya can afford it go for it while its in pieces, you'll need a new 3 blade 9" pitch prop though. Try one of the online outboard junkyards first for the intake parts if ya wanna try this upgrade.

FlyBoyMark

Ensign

Go here and email order your Mercury parts forabout 20% off list once you got your part numbers or Force or Mercury. E-mail Mike in parts department:<br /> http://www.bobbymoores.com

mcmurray101

Cadet

Thanks very much guys for your help.<br />Flyboymark, I will turn this info over to the man who now has my outboard and hope he can up with something.<br /> Thanks again<br />Art