NEPTUNE 1948 1.5 h.p.

Rex

Chief Petty Officer
I GOT OIL IN THE PISTONS NOW HOW LONG WOULD<br />THE BEST GUESS BE FOR IT TO FREE UP<br />THANK YOU<br />REX A HUBBLE<br />ps just let it soak until it does the work.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: NEPTUNE 1948 1.5 h.p.

Hi, Rex A. H.,<br />For what it's worth, my brother in law gave me a 15hp motor which had been siezed up for a few years. He didn't want it back saying it'll never go again. <br />I put the whole motor up in a bench mounted device and sprayed a mixture of kerosene and oil down the cylinders. This I repeated daily even though it meant more oil than was necessary. After a week I placed a 3' long power bar and socket on the flywheel nut and gave it a quick rap with a piece of 4x2 pine. Initially nothing, but after a week of this it started to give.<br />Long story short, this motor once again works and was returned to the origional owner. He still has it 7 years later.<br />Try that and let us know if it works for you.<br />Ross

Rex

Chief Petty Officer

THANK YOU<br />REX

jwhite

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Try some PB Blaster and let it sit a little while. It will free up just about anything.

kodibass

Master Chief Petty Officer

I Don't know if you'v ever hear of AIROCROIL Its another spray type penetrating oil, Ive used it and its top notch for freeing up these old stuck motors, I use a map gas torch to heat the cylinders hot, very hot! then spray in the pen/oil then heat try to move flywheel I use a 2x2 and 3 pound hammer motor needs to be flat on a hard cement type floor clockwise then counter-cw once you get movement your on you way! heat-oil-hammer....heat-oil-hammer,, when you get your first full revolution. stop it is time to celebrate!!! now is the time to consider your next step if you have access to a large air compressor you can use a impact driver to see if you can get a slow steady spin, if not mount the engine to something solid and get the pipe and socket, I prefer a wrench and pipe to the socket. go SLOW""" be happy for each movement you get and switch directions often, It took me 9 days to get a very rude evin-rude 25 hp un-stuck this motor sat face up carb mouth wide open thru a very long wet winter, today she runs fine.

she loves a man with a slow hand