15 HP Sears Gamefisher Manufacturer

keyman51

Recruit
I have a 1989 15 HP Sears Gamefisher and would like to know who manufactured this motor and what the book value would be. The motor is in good condition.

rogerwa

Commander
Re: 15 HP Sears Gamefisher Manufacturer

I would guess that this is a Chrysler/force motor. My father has a 9.9 GF (which I beleive is the same head as the 15) which is made by Chrysler/force. If the cowling has a grab handle on the top rear and is dark charcoal, you can be pretty sure it is of the Chrysler heritage. My fahter's 9.9 cowling looks just like my 92 Force 50 Hp, just smaller.<br /><br />I have also heard that Eska made GF's. Although, I have no idea if they made 15's or not.

wadeiss

Recruit
Re: 15 HP Sears Gamefisher Manufacturer

Your motor is definatly a chrysler. I have the exact same motor and did alot or research thanks to my mechanic who was a big help. He says that they are good strong engines and has no problem getting parts. Watch out for the impellers and the carb jets though....tend to fail and need replacing on a regular bassis. every 2 years if run regularly but if it sits for a year or so youll need to do it before you get it back into action. Good luck<br /><br />Bill