Champion outboard

Old56

Seaman
Hello again,I finally got the water pump working on the motor,now when I start it the motor runs for a few seconds then dies out. I recently rebuilt the carb and I've done a few of them in the past so I'm pretty sure I did it the right way.I have tried adjusting the high an low speed needles to no effect.Any help or advice would be great I'm stumped.Thanks in advance

RCO

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is the choke closing/opening all the way? Also check the filter in the tank above the shut off valve. They are usually plugged up.

Old56

Seaman
Thanks guys,RCO!the choke is working and no problem with the filter. I've been reading conflicting info about the float, some say it should be1/32 of inch below carb at lowest end of float,and others say from top end of float. Any suggestions? F-R the water pump is simple as you stated,the intake tube is fed by slits in the housing above the metal impeller. Someone put gasket sealer in the slits the same color as the housings i used a plastic knife to remove it. That's why when I dropped the lower unit I still could get water through. I definatly need advice on carb float.tanks for the help.