Mighty Kit MIghty mite

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Okay, :welcome: to iboars Railpin. Great to have you aboard....

While I have zero knowledge of your engine, and I don't see many others chiming in as well. Maybe you could post a picture or three of your unique engine s we can see what you are dealing with.

I looked up the engine and did see a picture and it looks like on the starboard side there is a hole. I am only guessing that hole is there to either adjust something or to help remove the cowling. There is also a screw on the front that has to be removed as well. And of course the handles have to be removed to allow the cowling to be removed from what I see. JMHO

Railpin

Cadet
Tried posting pictures but something didn't work. Let me explain what I did so far. On the top there are three screws holding the pull starter on. I removed them, but in order for the top to come off it will have to be sled forward. There in the front there is the carb choke handle and the throttle arm. The top will have to be pushed forward in order to come off. I don't know if the pull starter assembly can be taken off through the top then the top can come forward. Also there is a plastic gas tank in the back. Some how the top will have to clear the gas tank. Ther is a hole on the starboard side towards the front. Hope this helps some.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome.

You need two more posts to add pics. Reply to this and then you can add pics in the next post. Click the Forum Help link in the sig below and look at the Photo Tutorial if you have trouble.

Not familiar with this motor but when you can add pics we can probably figure it out.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
The choke knob on the front may turn off. I've seen that type setup before, but that is just a guess. I will wait for pictures. JMHO

Railpin

Cadet
Pictures should be here.

Attachments

• 0713171840a_resized.jpg
    0713171840a_resized.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 0713171841_resized.jpg
    0713171841_resized.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 0713171841a_resized.jpg
    0713171841a_resized.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 0713171841a_resized_1.jpg
    0713171841a_resized_1.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Pictures should be here.

With the front controls knobs removed, does that offer any move ability to lift the cowl straight up? Also, have you looked around the underside for anything that is holding it in place.

There is one for sale on Ebay. And you might contact that owner to see how he or she removes their cowling, if all else fails. Just an idea.

Railpin

Cadet
Well finally figured it out. Had to lift the back up and wiggle and jiggle while tilting the back up and pushing forward. Had to remove the fuel line turn the petcock as to clear a mount. With a little luck the cover raised and sled forward, thus coming off. I didn't force it just moved it different ways. One other question if I may. To grease the lower unit ther seems to be a screw on the right side bottom. Do you remove it force greae in till it comes out? Any way, thank's for the support you gave to me. I guess with a little persistance things eventually work out. Thank' again.