1962 Sea King 3HP

JRegier

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey everyone, my first time venturing outside of my comfort zone of Johnson/Evinrude (couldn't get away from OMC though!) and picked up decent little 3 horse for free. Model number is GG18735B; just wondering if there's a service/parts manual out there. Thanks in advance!

Hello all I am new to this site but enjoy reading it. I have an older Harris Pontoon with model 50esl72c engine on it. The deck and Pontoons r n good shape. The pedistal is rotten so I tore it out now have a wiring mess. It has a Guest Battery Switch that was wired up wrong according to a new print a got for it. The buss mounted inside pedistal was full of wiring thinking for lights and depth finder. A friend gave me a Hydro Electric Drive control that seems to be in good shape can I wire it up but it has got battery leads that go back all the way to engine. Forgot to mention I lost key to original control box so I bought another ignition switch which is different than the one that was in it. My question is which way should I be looking at to get it running right with no problems? It has been sitting for years but I really enjoy it. If I hook up Hydro Electric Drive do I just cut the battery cables headed to back and go from there? It also has two small wires coming out of it black and grey where do they go?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hello all I am new to this site but enjoy reading it. I have an older Harris Pontoon with model 50esl72c engine on it. The deck and Pontoons r n good shape. The pedistal is rotten so I tore it out now have a wiring mess. It has a Guest Battery Switch that was wired up wrong according to a new print a got for it. The buss mounted inside pedistal was full of wiring thinking for lights and depth finder. A friend gave me a Hydro Electric Drive control that seems to be in good shape can I wire it up but it has got battery leads that go back all the way to engine. Forgot to mention I lost key to original control box so I bought another ignition switch which is different than the one that was in it. My question is which way should I be looking at to get it running right with no problems? It has been sitting for years but I really enjoy it. If I hook up Hydro Electric Drive do I just cut the battery cables headed to back and go from there? It also has two small wires coming out of it black and grey where do they go?

You are hijacking JRegier's thread and it's off topic. Read the Help Tip on top of the page then start your own thread.

JRegier

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Dang, I was hoping for real replies. Bamboozled again.
Just so you know, SouthernBoater57, that motor you have is a 1972 Johnson 50hp based on the model number, you'd be much better off getting help for it in the Johnson/Evinrude part of this forum.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
No Title

Dang, I was hoping for real replies. Bamboozled again.
Just so you know, SouthernBoater57, that motor you have is a 1972 Johnson 50hp based on the model number, you'd be much better off getting help for it in the Johnson/Evinrude part of this forum.

Your Sea King is the same motor as sold in Canada under the Viking name. Go to Vhttp://www.richardlpaquette.ca/vikingmanuals.htm for Viking manuals. I collect them under various nameplates

Attachments

• photo229564.jpg
    photo229564.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo249084.jpg
    photo249084.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 0

JRegier

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks F_R! I actually was hoping to get you to reply to this thread lol. I knew I could count on you.