Need parts for my Sea King

oneribshyguy

Cadet
I have a 1960 60HP Sea king made by wards. Where do we go for parts. I need the lower seals and maybe pump parts as well even motor schematic as well. I keep hitting a wall finding so called part sites on the internet. Thanks

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
That should be an OMC V4 motor, parts are very available. similiar to the Gale and buccaneer I believe. The AOMCI can be a good source of information. Do a google search.

Last edited:

F_R

Supreme Mariner
No Title

Do yourself a favor and get a parts book specific to your model. Once you have the part numbers, any Evinrude dealer can order the parts for you. But he won't give you the time of day without the numbers because he doesn't have the book either. Don't forget, iboats has stuff like carb kits, ignition parts, seals and water pump impeller. Here is the lower unit to get you started.

Attachments

• photo262450.jpg
    photo262450.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo262451.jpg
    photo262451.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 1

oneribshyguy

Cadet
Thanks guys I'll do as you say. I just took the distributor of to gain access to the thermostat and I did not mark anything,,,, didn't even think about it until I started to put it back together. So I guess I am screwed until I get a book on how to align the marks .. STUPID ME!

oneribshyguy

Cadet
I-boats has a manual but it's 70.00 I can't afford it. Like I said earlier when I took the timing belt off to get to thermostat I FORGOT its position does anyone know how I can find its correct position? I aligned the mark on flywheel to the mark on engine fine but as to the correct position of the distributor is my dilemma.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
The belt pulley on the magneto has a mark on the outer edge. Align that mark with the center of the safety switch button. Assuming somebody hasn't removed the safety switch. In that case align the mark where the switch should be 1/2 way between the two switch mounting holes in the distributor bracket

While you are doing this, needless to say, the flywheel needs to be aligned with it's marks.

OOPS, you did say 1960 didn't you? That is different. The safety switch is in a different location, so the above instructions won't work.

You will find a mark on the belt pulley. You will also find a mark on the breaker plate. But wait--the breaker plate moves with the throttle. So you first have to position the breaker plate. If you look at the mark, you will see it extends down across the bottom of it. The lower end of the mark is then aligned with a mark on the bracket by adjusting the throttle. Now you are ready to align the pulley mark so all three are in alignment.

Last edited: