Eska / Tecumseh 3.0 Mixture Knob / Lower Cowl Removal

ckiernan001

Cadet
Hello,

I really like this site and forum. Lots of great information. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the lower cowl from what I believe is a '75 Eska / Ted Williams with a 3.0 Tecumseh engine. The engine # is AV520; 642-21. There is no Sears nameplate. I need to know how to take off the bottom cowl so I can service the carb and fabricate a fuel shutoff valve.

I'm attaching some pictures for reference. I'm new to the Forum so please let me know if you cannot open these images.

Thanks,
-Carey

Attachments

• enginefaceplate.png
    enginefaceplate.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • carb2.png
    carb2.png
    706.6 KB · Views: 0
  • carb1.png
    carb1.png
    822.2 KB · Views: 1
  • carb3.png
    carb3.png
    568 KB · Views: 1

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I sent you a email about another manual.

Last edited:

ckiernan001

Cadet
Thanks for the feedback, my browser was locking up so I didn't think it was posting. I apparently posted it 3 times. Trying to remove them now

Fun Times

Staff member
My browser was locking up so I didn't think it was posting. I apparently posted it 3 times. Trying to remove them now
No worries, I'll take care of removing them for you...Welcome to iboats!:thumb:

ckiernan001

Cadet
Thanks to All for responding and for the two manuals. My Ted Williams 3.0 has a lower sheet metal cowling that the choke and mixture knobs go through. There are 4 sheet metal screws holding this cowl in place and the choke knob unscrews but I cannot get the mixture knob to budge and there is no set screw holding it on as I would have expected.

I've attached 2 more pics with the side view showing the lower sheet metal cowl hanging loose with the 4 sheet metal screws removed.

Anyone have any idea how to remove is lower cowl/ It appears that I need to remove the mixture screw knob but I'm not sure.

Thanks again!
-Carey

Attachments

• IMAG0976.png
    IMAG0976.png
    815.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0977.png
    IMAG0977.png
    737.1 KB · Views: 0

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I think it just pulls off that way when you get it adjusted just right you can push it back on or theres a tiny set screw on the side.