1952 Gale 12D10 model stopping/ kill procedures

Hello out there. I have recently aquired and restored a 52' Gale 12D10 outboard. I have successfully ran it in a barrel full of H20 and have it mounted on my boat ready for open water operations. I unfortunately have no owners manual. I do have Gale service manual access thanks to folks I have met on here. Unfortunately, I have yet to find out the proper procedure for stopping the motor( besides choking it out). The 12D10 has a spark advance and a rich/ lean mix adjustment. I have indeed found decals for a 5 hp gale within the time frame of mine and according to these decals the spark adjustment was used to stop the motor, through retardation. Anyone out there have any info to confirm or deny my current conclusion?

Thanks!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Yep, that's the way it was done back then. Slow it down till it is too slow to run and it stalls. That's "Stop". Can't get any simpler.

Thanks! FR!!! Figured that out today. Now.......how in the hell do you delete posts? Because it's time.... This site is great, but pretty hard to navigate.