1980 Gamefisher 217-585840 need info

dbkski

Recruit
I have a 1980 7.5 HP Gamefisher model 217-585840 I need to know what type of oil to mix with the gas and what type of lube
to use in the lower unit. Since it is air-cooled should I not use TC-W3? Does the gear case use oil or grease? Thanks.

Last edited:

snowman246

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does your engine run as it should? I have the same engine that is basically a ornament in my garage. Those have a horrible reputation for overheating and shutting down. Be careful when venturing too far out or you will be paddling. I recently switched over to Johnson and won't look back.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Does your engine run as it should? I have the same engine that is basically a ornament in my garage. Those have a horrible reputation for overheating and shutting down. Be careful when venturing too far out or you will be paddling. I recently switched over to Johnson and won't look back.
Ive had quite a few of these motors and some Clintons. Ive never had problems and think they are great lil motors. Very simple and easy to work on. The only one I had an issue with was one with a solid state ignition that was bad.

dbkski

Recruit
I just got the motor so I have not had the chance to run it on the boat. Looks like new and runs like a champ in my
wash bucket so I will keep an eye on the temperature.