Briggs and Stratton won't start

musicmrfixit

Recruit
I have a 26' Ericson sailboat, and to get it out of the harbor I have a Briggs and Stratton 5ph 4 stroke air cooled outboard (model AA0101). It worked fine. Now I can get it to start. It is getting gas, it has compression, but no spark. I changed out the old plug and ignition coil with new parts - still no spark. The kill switch seems to be working ok, and there are no other frayed wires I can see, unless there is a fuse or something in the way I can't see. There is only a red and black wire from the kill switch to the motor - one is the ground, the other goes to the connection on the ignition coil. The magnet on the flywheel is ok, as is the gap between the flywheel and coil. Can I bypass the kill switch to at least get it started? I need to get my boat out of the harbor at least and it is too big to row, so I need my motor fixed ASAP. WTH am I doing wrong?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welcome: musicmrfixit to iobats. Nice for you to join us...

Seem you looked at everything but one thing you did no talk about. And that is the flywheel sheer key/pin. If the flywheel key/pin is even a little bit sheered, it will never start. Have you looked at that? That easily would cause your symptoms of not starting. it doesn't take much sheer either. JMHO!