Ted Williams T-640-04

I just purchased an older Ted Williams 7.5 hp water cooled outboard. I can't locate a model number but the engine has T-640-04 stamped on it, however I can't seem to find that number anywhere online. Does anyone know how to best ID the outboard with this limited info? Thanks.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
T640-04 is the engine stamp. Eska made it in 1972. Should be a 7.5 hp with a twist grip. Do you have a picture you can post? They are great little motors. The number your looking for should start with a 217 and possibly 58890 after. Its a Tecumseh power head air cooled with a water cooled leg.

Thanks for the info. I tried to crank it up this morning and it has spark and compression, but I'm leaking fuel from the carb when I prime the bulb. Any tips on carb rebuild parts for that engine?

motor.JPG

Attachments

• motor.JPG
    motor.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 1
Well I replaced the fuel line that was leaking and now it starts but won't stay running longer than about 10-15 seconds. Any thoughts other than carb adjustments?

Thanks for the info. Replaced the pump bladder and running a little longer but probably need to spend some time adjusting the carb. I did notice a rod on the side of the motor that hooks into the shifter arm, but has a narrowing end towards the handle that doesn't connect to anything. I've attached a couple of pictures below. Any input on what this part is supposed to do or connect to? Thanks!

IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0223.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 1