1959 60 HP Flying Scott Value

CapnMark

Recruit
A friend of mine has a Scott Atwater 60 HP Flying Scott outboard motor w/controls (came off of a 1959 Glastron). It is believed to be in running condition. Does anyone have an idea what this motor might be worth or a source of values for these old motors? I have exhaustively searched on-line and not coming up with any info on this. Thanks all for any help you can provided. CapnMark

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I don't think you will find a reliable source of values. It's all between the buyer and seller and whatever they can agree on. Somebody is sure to tell you they bought three of them for fifty bucks apiece, while the next guy insists he wouldn't let his go for a grand.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep ^^^ and 'believed to be running' will drive the price way down.

If its running and can be made to run for a potential buyer, great. Otherwise its a parts motor and should be priced as a parts motor, regardless of what anyone says or believes.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Where are you located and do you have a pic. Having the complete controls for those is important and especially the complete wiring harness.

Mod EDIT: Send him a PM Flying

Last edited by a moderator:

CapnMark

Recruit
The motor is in Western Illinois. I have a few pics, but I was unable to download the pics to this site due to file size.

Mod EDIT: keep this discussion to PMs only.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapnMark

Recruit
Thanks for the advice. I have a feeling this motor could have some value, even as a parts motor, as it does have the harness and controls and is electric start. I would have to see about trying to get it to run, depending on interest.