1976 Eska 7.5 - back from the grave but no spark

XRay783

Recruit
Hey guys, Ive been restoring an old starcraft along with this motor but cant figure it out. Ill post pics below to show you what I'm dealing with. The motors a 1976 B 7.5 Eska and was in pretty bad shape. Ive tried two different spark plugs and cleaned the connections a few times with no luck. The Ohms reading on the coil is between 1744-1755. Any suggestions is appreciated!! Ive always been able to get around spark trouble but this ones got me stumped. Help me get on the water in time for summer!

image posting

free jpeg images

photoupload

adult photo hosting

screen shot

Lwb

Recruit
Yeah I have one of those that burned up 15 yrs ago and bought a new head and transfered the carb and ignition and never would start. Bought new ignition coil and plug and it still won't start. Can't get parts anymore from Sears and few parts around.i am trying to gut this ignition and install my own. I was a mechanic like my dad but just put this thing away and used my 15 HP. Now I want to fish a lake that has a 10  HP limit,so it's time to get it running. I can't believe a guy on u tube found one of these at a landfill and it started when he got it home. I will post as I make any headway  These ignition would burn out due to voltage overload if cranked without plug grounded which would also mean that if a plug fouled out completely your ignition would burn out the capacitor in the curved module .so never kill motor by removing plug wire .I feel that the kill switch would not burn it out since you are directing the voltage to ground. One guy said that if you released the kill before the engine stopped it would kill module ,however it seems more logical that with a good plug the engine would simply try to get going again. Even without fuel the plug would still be firing the released voltage from the module to the coil.i can't find owners manual but will look.

Lwb

Recruit
Looking at your module its real clean . Check ohms between case and post thread on ground end. Also I see in addition to the kill tab that contacts the screw when throttle is turned you have a spade connection at bottom.??? Mine don't have this? Maybe for a 
Remote kill switch? Ohm check wire to coil too. Check small coil ground wire also. If you disconnect the small coil charge wire from module and tie in a volt meter and then slip flywheel back on and spin by hand or with a short rope wrapped around flywheel you should get around 25 volts ac