1956 SCOTT ATWATER BAIL-O-MATIC 5 HP GOOD COIL, GOOD POINTS NO SPARK

Captain Nino

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 56 bail-o-matic. One cylinder has spark. The other does not. The coil tests hot with a multi-meter. The spark plug wire tests good. The points are passing electricity as indicated by the multi-meter. I tried 3 different condensers to no avail but I do not have the ability to test them. The insulation on the coil looks good but I have not pulled it to check the bottom. ...Still no spark......
Any ideas?
Your thoughts are appreciated!

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
OHM test them.....3000 to 8000 ohms then they are good. Test where they spark lead comes out and the wire to condenser. Use the ground lead for the black test connector. Set multimeter at 2M in the OHMs setting. You can google a video to see how. Do the same with the condenser but discharge it first then ground to the case and test lead wire.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Assuming the coil looks good (no cracks, leaking, etc), the greatest majority of no-spark is points not making good contact. Take them apart, polish each contact individually, reassemble & set gap. Now if you still don't have spark, on to looking for something more exotic.