1973 ted williams 7.5

Mikel82184

Recruit
does anyone know where I can view a clear engine diagram? the ones on sears are just a blur. I need bearings and seals and cannot see reference numbers in the picture. I tried guessing and only 1 out of 4 parts were correct when I received them

gm280

Supreme Mariner
FIrst things first Mike, :welcome: to iboats. Great t have you aboard...

Obviously Ted Williams didn't manufacture that engine. In fact I actually had one decades ago now myself. If I am correct, I think mine was manufactured by Tecumseh and it was air cooled. Since Tecumseh is also out of business, maybe you could contact one of the replacement parts companies and see if they can offer a better break down diagram for that model. You could also contact one of the Sears help chat personnel and see what they have to say about the blurred diagrams.

Here is such a Tecumseh web site address:

http://www.tecumsehpartstore.com/?gclid=CJC3vqHn7ckCFQiKaQodb1EIwQ

Hope that helps you out. JMHO!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Order the actual paper parts and service manuals.

I have online diagrams bookmarked for almost all of my outboards as well as the hardcopy for most of them. When I can find hardcopy service manuals for them I order them.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a pdf file of the service manual. In 73 that would of been a Eska. Scott/McCulloch also made them earlier. Private message me your email I will send you a copy. Does the serial # start 217- if so its an Eska. Sears sold them as Teds and Gamefisher and gm280 is right the power head was Tecumseh and some had solid state ignitions some had coils.

Last edited by a moderator: