Gamefisher 7.5

snowman246

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If anyone can give me some information, not guesses but actual experience with this problem I would be grateful. I have a late 80's Gamefisher 7.5 outboard. I had the carb rebuilt and the fuel pump replaced early this spring. I thought all was good until the engine would die on me while on the water. After running at speed for about 2-3 minutes, the engine dies and it puts off a sizzling sound like I am cooking bacon. Let it cool down for about 10-15 mins it fires right back up and runs about another 2 mins and repeat.

I know the engine is air cooled but the exhaust is water cooled. After weeks of searching I found a replacement impeller.

I ordered and replaced the impeller and it is still doing the same thing. I can't find anything that will fix this. Anyone ever have this problem and fix it? I don't want to buy a new engine when this one just needs the right repair done.

Thanks

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
do you have a serial number? Is water coming out the exhaust ports when running?

snowman246

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'll have to get the sn tomorrow. It is a black model not the white one. Yes, when you first start it there is a good must coming from the ports for about 10 sec then almost nothing. I'm ready to put a slug thru it lol