1956 25hp Gale Sea King fuel pump rebuild kit?

Caddy_Kid

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a new to me 1956 electric start 25hp Sea King by Gale (model GG 9023A) that runs fine, but I would like to replace the fuel pump diaphragm just to have one less thing on the list of items that could go wrong on the water. I am about to order the impeller, grommet, and propeller shaft and drive shaft seal and would like to get at least the diaphragm if I could. I have the factory manual that came with the engine, and it lists the item number as 376373 but I haven't been able to find anything that references that. It is a single fuel line unit, not the dual line engines like the Evinrude/Johnson engines of the same time period, so I dont know what it might cross to. Here is a picture:

I also removed the points cover and took a look at the coils and they both look great, so no cracks there fortunately. In any case, does anyone make a replacement diaphragm or rebuild kit?

Also, it appears that this unit doesn't have any sort of charging coil to charge the 6V starting battery, is that correct? Thanks!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
They quit making parts for that fuel pump over 50 years ago. If you ever have to replace it, order a 18-7351 here at iboats. The motor has no battery charging system

Caddy_Kid

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I saw that part number referenced on another thread for a similar year and make motor, good deal. Although it looks different, it sounded like it would bolt right up. Since nothing has given me troubles yet I figure I will just run what its got until something happens, then replace it. Thanks for the info!