7.5 game fisher engine dying issue and water exhaust issue

Taylorzs093

Recruit
I just got this game fisher 7.5 I believe a late 70s model (white box cowling) air cooled with the forward and neutral gear. Before taking it out on the water I replaced the fuel lines. Took the carb off and soaked it in cleaner. Reset the fuel pump element (no tears), changed the float to 11/64. And changed the plug. Took it out on the water it did great for 4 hours (starting it, shutting it off) last 20 minute trip to the boat ramp it ran fine till I idled down for the no wake zone, kept dying and had to start it back again. Eventually I had to run it at full throttle for a few seconds and let it die and float in. The last time I started it I believe it almost flooded out and sprayed a shot of starting fluid in it to go. Any ideas what that could be?

Also when I put my fingers literally up against the water exhaust hole the water was pretty hot, it would sting after 20 seconds of holding it there (maybe a quarter of an inch away from the ports). Lower unit had oil but was super milky so I took the gasket out and resealed it with sealant and what not. Could that have been the issue?

Sorry for the long post, I don't like making several threads lol

Last edited: