Sea King GG- 9016C 12 HP

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Yeah, I suspected it may be a tad rare. Without doing research on it, I think it was used on some 5hp Gale-built motors, as well as some old Evinrude/Elto motors.

Bertslash

Cadet
Does anyone know of a place I can find a gas cap off my motor? I have searched about 10 websites and even call Florida to find out it's the wrong part!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Phil.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
No Title

Have you tried a want ad on the Webvertize page at the Antique Outboard Club's website? The ad is free. Here is what the cap looks like. Sorry for the blur, but I don't have time to go back out and snap another one. www.aomci.org

Attachments

• photo229957.JPG
    photo229957.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 0

Bertslash

Cadet
Have you tried a want ad on the Webvertize page at the Antique Outboard Club's website? The ad is free. Here is what the cap looks like. Sorry for the blur, but I don't have time to go back out and snap another one. www.aomci.org

Thanks F_R!! I didn't know there was such a page! I will give that a try!!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Just from memory, I think that motor has a special float valve because of being gravity feed. For that reason, there is no "kit". You have to order individual parts. OR, you could order a 15-18hp Evinrude kit, but the float valve won't work.

Bertslash

Cadet
I tried to upload the pic-- but it is more of a thick rounded style not the donut curved edges like I have seen in kits on eBay. This on is all red/brown and scaly looking! I have seen some kits on eBay that are for the Evinrude/Johnson's-- but nothing for my 12HP. I may have to buy a float separately--but I would like to have the part number to make sure it will work before I order. Thanks!!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
No Title

Here is your carburetor
375919 cork float is replaced by 396514 Nitrophyl float
376137 is the special float valve I mentioned. Yours may be ok if it isn't flooding

Attachments

• photo230750.jpg
    photo230750.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 0

3rdtimesthecharm

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a gas cap off of a 5hp Gale Sea King but the vent screw is missing.Looked up the part # and its different than the one mentioned earlier in the thread. If I recall correctly,there is a link on the Antique Outboard Motor Club website that displayed a bunch of gas caps. www.aomci.org

Last edited: