1969 Buick V6 225 "Odd Fire" stove pipe connection location Rochester 2bbl carburetor

Skidude17

Petty Officer 1st Class
1969 Buick V6 225 "Odd Fire" stove pipe connection location Rochester 2bbl carburetor

I have a 1969 Glasply that I inherited that runs well while cold, but is hard to start when hot. After running through all of the electrical, I started on the fuel system. I discovered the stove pipe that controls my automatic choke isn't connected to anything.
This makes sense for my symptoms, but I can't find where this is supposed to connect. I've looked all over the intake manifold, and can't find any place where this should connect. I know I could convert to a manual choke, but I want to keep this running as designed.
Does anybody know where the stove pipe connects on the engine side for a 1969 Buick 225 Dauntless "Odd Fire" with a Rochester 2 barrel carburetor?
The attached images show the insulated pipe coming out of the carburetor and the cut off end that I can't find the engine connection location.

Attachments

• photo227163.jpg
    photo227163.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo227164.jpg
    photo227164.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 0

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I would think on the exhaust manifold. Like on a car . As it gets warm it heats the air that causes the choke to open. Thats if the stove pipe goes to the choke. I cant tell from the pic. If it was vaccuum line it would be rubber. You had 2 kinds of chokes, heat and electric.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
It should be just below the choke housing down on the manifold. It's a hole that the pipe slips into. You can make a new one out of brake line. Or a piece of the new style fuel line that has the flare about 1" above the end of the line.