Gastron cvx-20 with 460 motor help

Elliomcmh

Seaman
Hi, I recently acquired a 1977 Glastron CVX-20 with the original 460 packajet ford engine. I am having trouble finding spark plug wires and ignition points for the engine. Does anyone know where I can find them? Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... Parts for marine big block Fords is a major problem, as they were a short lived option,...

The plug wires can be built with a kit,....

The points will be determined by which/ who's distributor it's got in it,....

Antax

Seaman
Not sure if they make it for your engine or not but you might look into a Pertronix ignition. Its a small module that replaces the points. I put one on my 66 Mustang and it worked great.

Boat Doctor1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
ill agree on pertronix- yet points can be had @ a good napa parts store-they will identify! Going back in memory-many cobwebbs= i seem to remember those might be a point set from an international V-8?? yet napa can identify! also look into the 460 ford wires for maybe a mid 73-77 lincoln?? dependson weather straight or angled boots are on wires in your application!

found this = Google Keaton boats there's a whole Ford Berkeley pacajet spec sheet in one of the site's with all the information you want.

here it is =
http://www.keatonboat.com/ look for 460 in the list gives all stuff needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: