Hot exhaust hoses

Durango318

Seaman
I have twin Marine Power 5.7 mpi Vortec engines, closed coolant, same rotation with semi tuned 4" aluminum exhaust manifold option. Less than a year old (60hrs) Both run like a top and all gauge readings are identical (160* coolant). I was between the engines and noted how much hotter the exhaust hoses were on one engine. Both hoses on one engine are 200* in an area about a foot from the riser the rest of it is much cooler. The other engine's hoses are about 100* through out. The riser temps on both engines are about the same about 95*. Temps don't change under load. The flow of water out the exhaust is identical between both engines. The hoses are neither softer or harder than the other. But here's where it gets weird. The water flowing out of the engine that has hot hoses is only warm and the one with the cool hoses is hot.
I suspect one engine is older stock as it has different lifting brackets and the risers may have a subtle difference in the riser's water spray pattern where it enters the hose. The question is how hot is it inside the hose and if it's OK? How hot is normal?