Westerbeke Gen problem

alldodge

Staff member
Buddy has a 7.2KW Genset and has the issue with low voltage. Currently pulled the capacitor and checked it and it appears good also windings check out OK. In the process of unbolting the Gen so the Gen head can be removed to check diodes. Having real trouble getting the Gen head off due to weight. Anyone have in input to the issue.

Also could not find a Gen category so I put t here

Bondo

Staff member
Buddy has a 7.2KW Genset and has the issue with low voltage. Currently pulled the capacitor and checked it and it appears good also windings check out OK. In the process of unbolting the Gen so the Gen head can be removed to check diodes. Having real trouble getting the Gen head off due to weight. Anyone have in input to the issue.

Also could not find a Gen category so I put t here

Ayuh,.... It's been a couple days, 'n no posts,...

Want me to try to move this to the Electrical forum,..??

I donno much 'bout 'em,...

alldodge

Staff member
Ayuh,.... It's been a couple days, 'n no posts,...

Want me to try to move this to the Electrical forum,..??

I donno much 'bout 'em,...

Thanks Bondo for keeping an eye on this, we figured out the problem, it was the capacitor, checked good but was bad. Fifty bucks for a new one and cramped up knees and back and it's working again. There is a Gen section on a couple other forums but not here, hope it was close enough. Either way looks like not many folks work on them

All the best