16 ' weld crarft flat bottom with a 120 sport jet

weiss19

Cadet
120 sport jet in a 16' flat bottom weld craft

I just bought a 95 sea raider f16 jet boat for the motor and controls. My plan is to swap it into my 16' flat bottom weld craft with a concil. The boat is built like a tank and commercial rated. Any issues in this plan. Iam looking to get a quick little river boat when its all complete. My main concern is dialing in the ride plate when finished as there is no trim and wondering how finiky it will be at high speed. Let me know your thoughts and who might know a little more about this type of project. Thanks

weiss19

Cadet
120 sport jet in a 16' flat bottom weld craft

I just picked up a 95 sea raider f16 that iam planning on striping out the engine and controls and putting them in a 16' weld craft flat bottom. The boat has a council and is built like a tank but still quite a bit lighter than the sea raider. I think its going to make a quick little river boat. My only concern is how it handles at high speeds and adjusting the ride plate. Any body with any knowledge on a similar set up or know of anyone who might know any thing on this type of set up please let me know thanks

weiss19

Cadet
iam looking to build a 16' flat bottom river boat. I have 99 weld craft aluminum commercial rated flat bottom with a council and I just picked up a 95 sea raider with a 120 hp sport jet in it. I was planning on stripping out the motor and all the wiring and controls out of the sea raider and fitting them in the weld craft. the plan seems like it would make for a pretty slick shallow water river boat. any issues I may be over looking??. iam wondering how it will ride at higher speeds being no trim and just the ride plate. any body have any knowledge or experience with something similar please let me know anything would help thanks