PCM 351 not starting

Cam'ron8

Recruit
I have a 1994 pcm 351 that will not start. When you turn the key all you get is one click from the back of the engine. Someone told me it is probably the solenoid. So I changed that yesterday and it didn't help. Still just one click from the back of the engine near the solenoid. Is there anything else I should check? I am almost positive it's a good battery and a good starter.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: PCM 351 not starting

I have a 1994 pcm 351 that will not start. When you turn the key all you get is one click from the back of the engine. Someone told me it is probably the solenoid. So I changed that yesterday and it didn't help. Still just one click from the back of the engine near the solenoid. Is there anything else I should check? I am almost positive it's a good battery and a good starter.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Ya gotta be Sure, not just guessin',....

Start with cleanin' All the connections, from the battery posts to the starter, 'n the Ground to the block,...
Ya gotta sand to shiny metal Clean, 'n reinstall 'em,...

Test the battery,... Pull, 'n Test the starter if necessary,...

Silverton34c

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Did you verify the motor is NOT frozen?

Walt T

Lieutenant

You can almost hear him saying O Crap. Been a couple weeks so it's either fixed in which case he would have been so happy we'd all be showered with praises and gifts of Gold, Myrrh, and Frankincense or it's frozen and he's still in the fetal position for the last two weeks sucking his thumb and mumbling about insurance... I should have had insurance.. could have just sunk it..

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

Inquiring minds want to know the outcome???????????????????????

Cam'ron8

Recruit

Sorry! I forgot my password for the longest time!
But yes the motor is not frozen
After weeks of trying to figure out how to get leverage to break the bolt on the starter loose I finally got a compressor and air tools and got it off. I brought the starter and battery to auto zone and the starter was good but the battery was low... Duh.. So I put it all back together and scrubbed the connections and bingo I turned the key and it clicked again... But then I tryed one more time and it spun like a champ!!! THANKS GUYS!! Your the best!!! sorry about not replying!