Starcraft amercian jet drive

walbert52

Seaman Apprentice
Does anyone know of where I can find information on what engine was used for the 1975 or 76 Starcraft Amercian 20 footer JET DRIVE, I was talking to a person that has a Starcraft Jet Boat that is up for sale that has no engine I have not look at it as of now but will be next week. The jet drive is still bolted to transom but he has no clue what size engine was in there because he bought it that way and has no time to work on it. Any information would be very helpful.. Thank you every one in advance.... Wade:confused::confused::confused:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Starcraft amercian jet drive

Does anyone know of where I can find information on what engine was used for the 1975 or 76 Starcraft Amercian 20 footer JET DRIVE, I was talking to a person that has a Starcraft Jet Boat that is up for sale that has no engine I have not look at it as of now but will be next week. The jet drive is still bolted to transom but he has no clue what size engine was in there because he bought it that way and has no time to work on it. Any information would be very helpful.. Thank you every one in advance.... Wade:confused::confused::confused:

Ayuh,.... If it's like the one I once had, it's a Jacuzzi pump, 'n a SBChevy,...

The Jacuzzi pump is the downfall,...

Berkley style pumps are Much better, 'n Parts can still be bought for 'em,...

walbert52

Seaman Apprentice

I just talked to the owner that bought it as a project boat from someone also come to find out it/s a 1972 and the hull number is 1009858 if that helps and title had iy at 17 foot and model is Jet. Thank you for all your help...Wade can it be replaced with a I/O if I replace transom????

Bondo

Staff member

I just talked to the owner that bought it as a project boat from someone also come to find out it/s a 1972 and the hull number is 1009858 if that helps and title had iy at 17 foot and model is Jet. Thank you for all your help...Wade can it be replaced with a I/O if I replace transom????

Ayuh,... I donno whether the transom is tall enough for an I/O,...

Find a boat that's runnin' like ya want,...
A project boat is Way too Expensive,....

walbert52

Seaman Apprentice

Ya I think you right, I'll look for something else.Thank you very much