1993 Yamaha 4.3L Cracked Block

300sflyer

Chief Petty Officer
Hey Folks,

I have the chance to by a 1993 18' bowrider and trailer with a Yamaha 4.3L I/O in good shape, except for a cracked block. I'm sure I can handle replacing the engine itself, but I'm wondering if aftermarket exhaust manifolds are available for it? The outdrive itself looks real clean.

Is there anything else I should be aware of regarding the engine or drive before giving the guy an offer?

Thanks.

hall832

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1993 Yamaha 4.3L Cracked Block

When pricing the boat factor in a whole power plant and drive. No one makes parts and if you find any parts-big money.

Bondo

Staff member

Hey Folks,

I have the chance to by a 1993 18' bowrider and trailer with a Yamaha 4.3L I/O in good shape, except for a cracked block. I'm sure I can handle replacing the engine itself, but I'm wondering if aftermarket exhaust manifolds are available for it? The outdrive itself looks real clean.

Is there anything else I should be aware of regarding the engine or drive before giving the guy an offer?

Thanks.

Ayuh,.... Other than Yamaha was in the North American market for only a couple of years, 'n ya Can't buy parts for it,..??

300sflyer

Chief Petty Officer

Just did some more research.... Sounds like it is going to be a nightmare finding parts. Think I am going to pass...

Thanks guys.

Capt Ken

Commander

All depends where you look for the parts. We ship parts for these units daily all over the country. It's just that no one wants to expend any effort researching the parts.

300sflyer

Chief Petty Officer

All depends where you look for the parts. We ship parts for these units daily all over the country. It's just that no one wants to expend any effort researching the parts.

Can you please suggest where to find new aftermarket parts?

Thanks!

Capt Ken

Commander

Didn't say aftermarket. Yamaha still produces most of the parts.

hall832

Petty Officer 1st Class

Captain Ken are those parts Priced the same as all of Yamaha parts.

300sflyer

Chief Petty Officer

Didn't say aftermarket. Yamaha still produces most of the parts.

Just want to confirm what you are saying: Yamaha is still producing parts for I/O engines and drives that were discontinued 20 years ago? If so, are they available from Yamaha dealers all across the USA and Canada?

Thanks