BMW stern drive out Volvo 280 in

zackqld

Recruit
Hi Guys,

First post so I hope I do ok.
I have a Whittley Cruisemaster 6600 that had a 3.3ltr BMW Motor and BMW MK2 Leg, the motor is a bit tired so I bought a 318 rebuilt Chrysler with a Volvo 280 leg. I have taken the BMW out but the transom hole is a bit bigger then the Volvo so I was wondering if I have to glass it and cut it out again or can I put a stainless plate on the inside and outside and fit the Volvo like that?
Please let me know what is the best thing to do.
Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: BMW stern drive out Volvo 280 in

Hi Guys,

First post so I hope I do ok.
I have a Whittley Cruisemaster 6600 that had a 3.3ltr BMW Motor and BMW MK2 Leg, the motor is a bit tired so I bought a 318 rebuilt Chrysler with a Volvo 280 leg. I have taken the BMW out but the transom hole is a bit bigger then the Volvo so I was wondering if I have to glass it and cut it out again or can I put a stainless plate on the inside and outside and fit the Volvo like that?
Please let me know what is the best thing to do.
Thanks.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... It's probably Better to fill the hole with glass, 'n wood, then recut,...

But,.... Yer way may work, so long as the bolts/ studs can get their clampin' forces, to hold things in place,....

kahuna123

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: BMW stern drive out Volvo 280 in

Wow
A BMW outdrive. I had a pair in a 26 many years ago here in America. They started selling here for a couple of years and Merc bought them out. First time I have heard of them in a long while.