F 36 Trojan no fuel to carbs

Lancerdad34

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My Elderly neighbor has a 1976 F-36 trojan with 440 Chrysler engines. He had trouble with the starboard engine stalling out when he tried to plain out it sputtered like it was starving for fuel. The funny thing was when we got back to the dock it started up and revved up fine. He asked me to change both engines water seperator filters which I did. I had him start up both engines so I could make sure there was no leakage from the filters. He shut down both engines while we put the hatches back on. We were going to take a test drive and restarted both engines. Before we could get the dock lines off the starboard engine stalled. Shortly after that so did the port engine. I pulled the hatch off the starboard engine to see if any gas was getting to the carb. I had him move the throttle and nothing. Took off the filter and there was just a small amount of fuel in there. This is a mystery to me does anyone have any ideas? He has 3/4 tank topped off last fall with stabilizer added. Thanks for any help out there!

Brian

Harrison Twp, MI
:blue:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: F 36 Trojan no fuel to carbs

My Elderly neighbor has a 1976 F-36 trojan with 440 Chrysler engines. He had trouble with the starboard engine stalling out when he tried to plain out it sputtered like it was starving for fuel. The funny thing was when we got back to the dock it started up and revved up fine. He asked me to change both engines water seperator filters which I did. I had him start up both engines so I could make sure there was no leakage from the filters. He shut down both engines while we put the hatches back on. We were going to take a test drive and restarted both engines. Before we could get the dock lines off the starboard engine stalled. Shortly after that so did the port engine. I pulled the hatch off the starboard engine to see if any gas was getting to the carb. I had him move the throttle and nothing. Took off the filter and there was just a small amount of fuel in there. This is a mystery to me does anyone have any ideas? He has 3/4 tank topped off last fall with stabilizer added. Thanks for any help out there!

Brian

Harrison Twp, MI
:blue:

Ayuh,.... The fuel filters are usually on the Vacuum side of the fuel pump,....

Is the tank's Vent clear,..??
Is the tank, 'n it's lines willin' to give up their load,..??
Is the fuel pump, Pumpin',..??

You might have to pre-fill the filters to prime the system again, If all else is workin' up to snuff,...

It sounds like it's starvin' for fuel, or the fuel is Bad,...
Did you inspect the Contents of the old filters for crud, 'n water,..??
Revin' at the dock is irrelevant, as there's no Load on the motor,...