Yamaha 4.3L V6 - Drain plugs

kippenstuff

Cadet
Does anyone know how many drain plugs we need to look for to winterize. I assume 5, but want to be sure. Also, any ideas on a possible owners manual out there?

shrew

Lieutenant
Re: Yamaha 4.3L V6 - Drain plugs

A service manual is what you're looking for. What year is the motor. any details would be helpful. I would suggest getting the service manual if you're going to winterize yourself.

Capt Ken

Commander

One on each side of the block just behind the engine mounts. One on the bottom of each manifold and one on the oil cooler located on the front starboard side.

Bondo

Staff member

One on each side of the block just behind the engine mounts. One on the bottom of each manifold and one on the oil cooler located on the front starboard side.

Ayuh,... Assumin' it's a 4.3l, Chevy,... pull the Big hose off the circulatin' water pump too,...

kippenstuff

Cadet

Does anyone know how many drain plugs we need to look for to winterize. I assume 5, but want to be sure. Also, any ideas on a possible owners manual out there?

Thanks guys. I WISH I could find an owners manual for it. Haven't had any luck at all. Not much Yamaha info out there on the internet either.

kippenstuff

Cadet

It's a 4.3L Yamaha engine...and the lower unit is Yamaha also

Capt Ken

Commander

Nope, it's either a 89 or 90. Your boat is a 92. They only built the engine packages two years. Boat builders bought tons of them and used them in their boats thru 95. Early models had manual fuel pumps, later models had electric.

kippenstuff

Cadet

I am also finding that there are Yamaha manuals out there up to 1991 then not again until 1999. They are Clymer manuals. Is it possible that my motor is a 1991 but my boat is a 1992?? Can I tell the year of the motor for sure from some kind of serial number or something?

kippenstuff

Cadet

I am also finding that there are Yamaha manuals out there up to 1991 then not again until 1999. They are Clymer manuals. Is it possible that my motor is a 1991 but my boat is a 1992?? Can I tell the year of the motor for sure from some kind of serial number or something?

So Capt Ken, how do I find out what year my motoris for sure? Clymer has manual for Yamaha Stern Drives 1989-1991.

Capt Ken

Commander

The engines are the same and only one manual.