Regal Rush xr2 175 Jet boat water leak(ride plate)

tvanort

Recruit
Hello,

I am new to iboats, so take it easy on me!

I recently acquired 1 1997 Regal Rush XR2 175 Jet Boat that has a major water leak! I got a steal on this boat, so it doesn't bother me, but I do have questions on how to fix it.

The ride plate is missing, and I am wondering if that would cause large amounts of water to leak into my engine bay?

If the ride plate and gasket arn't supposed to be water tight, does that mean the seal between the power head, and jet drive is bad?

I am new to Jet boats/sport jets, and I want to know where to start my repairs. I ran my hose into the engine bay to see where the water would pour out of(seemed like a sensible way to discover where my boat is leaking from) and water doesn't leak out of the boat until it reaches the height that the power head is mounted.

Thank you for your time,

Trent

tvanort

Recruit
Re: Regal Rush xr2 175 Jet boat water leak(ride plate)

I forgot to mention that I need a ride plate for this boat, and if anyone has one/knows where I can get one under $250 let me know!

emoney

Commander

You really need to find your ride plate and seal before you do anything else. Those parts aren't as easy to find as some might think. Also, this post would do a lot better in responses in the proper forum, which PWC/Jetski. Lots of guys over there that know these engines very well.

As to your question, I agree you've got another leak, and the first one I'd check would be the seal between the motor and jet pump. Ride plate seal being bad isn't going to cause it take on water, it's going to cause it not have any power at all. Are you sure you don't have a hole in the hull somewhere? You've also go steering & "shift" cable seals that should be near your jet pump. Also have a look at the exhaust seals. Make sure you're going to find that ride plate & seal first, however as you don't want to spend a lot of $$ to find out you still can't use it. Just to be safe at least.

tvanort

Recruit

Thanks for the advice! I am going to check a couple things on it, and also submit a new thread in the proper location.