Need help with some basic re assembly on 4.3 v6 Yamaha engine

Sidney W

Recruit
I am trying to help my brother get his engine back together and installed. Long story short, he purchased a 19 ft. Chaparral with the Yamaha stern drive. Did not check boat out thoroughly and he got burnt bad! Block was cracked. We pulled engine,found another block,and had everything rebuilt. Got engine back from machine shop and we are getting it ready to put back in. I took pics. To assist in remembering where everything goes. But I didn't get any shots of the rear. There is a sensor that goes near the dist. At the back edge of the intake. We can't figure how it goes. What we need is some pics. Of a similar setup. It is a 93 Yamaha , not the YEMS. Can anyone advise where I could go to view some pics. Of this same setup ? Thanks!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Need help with some basic re assembly on 4.3 v6 Yamaha engine

But I didn't get any shots of the rear. There is a sensor that goes near the dist. At the back edge of the intake. We can't figure how it goes.

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... It's probably the oil pressure sender, which goes in a port, next to the distributer...

Capt Ken

Commander

Hmmm, normally on the YEMS, both the oil pressure sender and low oil sensor is located on the remote oil filter on the front of the engine. But then the YEMS doesn't have a distributor either.

Capt Ken

Commander

Oops, gotta get my glasses checked.. Not a Yems

Sidney W

Recruit

Oops, gotta get my glasses checked.. Not a Yems

Hey Capt. thanks for responding. We are still trying to get this thing back together and installed. We are probably gonna have to bring it to you for some direction and guidance. Are you interested?

Capt Ken

Commander

Sounds fine to me.