yamaha l4 3.0 upper gear housing

goirish88

Cadet
I have a yamaha l4 3.0 i/o and i am currently replacing the upper and lower gear housing. I was wondering if anybody knew where i could find a new pivot housing gasket and o-ring? i have looked everywhere and no one in my area says they can get me one. Thanks for your time!

ricovw

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: yamaha l4 3.0 upper gear housing

An o ring should be easy enough to much up, assuming you have the old one. Have you tried eBay for parts? What's your area? Not really a problem to get consumable parts from my local Yamaha dealer.

goirish88

Cadet

yes i have the o-ring i was just thinking that maybe i would change the gasket out now because it is in a little rougher shape. I was also wondering if i just used teh original gasket and put some sealer on it if that may work. I know that is the lazy way to do it but i cant find a gasket for it anywhere. I live in northern indiana close to ohio and michigan. All the marinas in my area have turned me away because they say they dont work on yamahas because parts are to hard to find. I have been thinking about possibly trying some marinas in michigan which are farther away but michigan is more of a lake state than indiana so i m thinking they might be able to help me or if anybody on here could possibly direct me to a good marina that deals with yamahas would be great!

Bondo

Staff member

All the marinas in my area have turned me away because they say they dont work on yamahas because parts are to hard to find.

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... The only Parts, 'n Knowledge 'bout those things, comes from Capt. Ken, of Nelson Marine....

Google 'em up...

triman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Transom gasket should be Yamaha part number 6u04583400

The O-ring that assists to seal the exhaust etc should be part number 6u01461300

I have a 5.7 Yamaha and provided I can give the Yamaha part numbers to my local yammie outboard dealer, he can get them for me.

goirish88

Cadet

Bond-o thanks for the info i have contacted capt ken and he has set me up well. I appreciate the advice thanks a lot.

Triman: i got the part ordered thank you though for the offer i really appreciate the help.

Thanks a lot guys great advice much appreciated!!