Winterizing An Yamaha 130 Inboard

Glod27

Recruit
Can somebody please give me some steps on how to winterizise my inboard motor. Thanks in Advance!

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Winterizing An Yamaha 130 Inboard

Depends on what kind it is....If you post that it would be a stert....Welcome to the forum at iboats... :)

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by Glod27:<br /> Can somebody please give me some steps on how to winterizise my inboard motor. Thanks in Advance!
Ayuh,......... Sure Thing.............<br /><br />Drain Any Fluids that'll Freeze.............<br /><br />Change Any Fluids that Don't Freeze...........<br /><br />Perform All the Annual Maintanance that's Required...................

Packers4ever

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Use the red button at the top of the page called "Search" you will get hundreds of posts on how to winterize. Your best bet is to get an owners manual that helped me locate my drain plugs and without pictures that would have been tough!!<br /><br />Good Luck :) <br /><br />Skipper

Glod27

Recruit

BTW my motor is a Yamaha 130 Inboard, if that helps, and I will try to find a owners manual. Thanks for the replys

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by Glod27:<br /> BTW my motor is a Yamaha 130 Inboard, if that helps, and I will try to find a owners manual. Thanks for the replys
BTW,.........Welcome to the forums here at iboats.com.............<br />Your getting Closer to some Help........<br /><br />If your engine says Yamaha on it,+ I'm thinking that your "Inboard" is actually a Yamaha Sterndrive,.. <br />Or Inboard/Outboard............<br /><br />You might want to Edit the title of your thread to Include the fact that it's a Yamaha,........<br />Capt. Ken is the Yamaha King of the Whole USA.....<br />He Knows more about them than Yamaha Does..... He's also on top of the Parts Availability for them.......<br /><br />If Capt. Ken can find you,.... He'll help you out........... ;)

Capt Ken

Commander

If you just want to keep it from freezing, pull the plug on the port rear side of the block to drain block. Remove plug from under the manifold to drain manifold. Loosen front plate of water pump to drain. Lower drive to prevent water from collecting in gear housing and that should keep the spider cracks from invading your engine. If you haven't do so yet, might be a good idea to change the engine and gear oils.