Yamaha Exhaust Conversion

bwsauls

Recruit
I have a 1993 Celebrity Status with the 4.3 GM V6 Yamaha. Intake is cracked and exhaust manifolds are cracked. As you probably already know the Yamaha parts are impossible to find. I have heard of people convirting to mercruiser cooling system. Any help is much appreciated.

Brian in Arkansas...

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Yamaha Exhaust Conversion

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard Brian,.... Have you verified that the Block ain't cracked too..??

With those damages, it's hard to believe it Ain't....

bwsauls

Recruit

Yes the block was cracked too. I have found a replacement block but am ow runing into problems with the exhaust and intake.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... The Best ya can do is buy a new intake manifold that fits yer needs, 'n a set of Merc exhaust manifolds, 'n Cobb together whatever it takes to make 'em fit...

Creative Engineerin' is yer Only option....

bwsauls

Recruit

So I found a merc intake but it is an 8 bolt and mine is a 12 bolt. Is that a big deal? From what I have read my carb should work ok as well.. Any thoughts on that? I guess I need to track down the merc exhaust manifods and thormostat conversion parts. Anyone know which ones would be necessary? Thanks for the help.

Bondo

Staff member

So I found a merc intake but it is an 8 bolt and mine is a 12 bolt. Is that a big deal? From what I have read my carb should work ok as well.. Any thoughts on that? I guess I need to track down the merc exhaust manifods and thormostat conversion parts. Anyone know which ones would be necessary? Thanks for the help.

Ayuh,.... You found a Vortec manifold, you need 1 from a motor of the Same Vintage as yer's...

Yes it matters...
There are 3 possibilities...
Pre-87,....
87 to 95....
Post-95...

The 1 you found is post-95...