Yamaha V8 SB Chevy Exhaust Manifolds to Mercruiser

silverreno

Recruit
Does anyone know the procedure, parts and part #s needed to convert the center rise exhaust manifolds of a Yamaha, 5.0 liter, V8, small block Chevy, to Mercruiser, Crusader, aftermarket etc. exhaust manifolds? Yamaha parts are no longer available. I understand this can be done.
The information I recieved from a marine dealer is Yamaha work with Crusader to accomplish there I/O:), but he had no other information.
Any advise and informatin would be apprecieated.

Thank You

ffdemoss

Recruit
Re: Yamaha V8 SB Chevy Exhaust Manifolds to Mercruiser

Does anyone know the procedure and parts needed to convert the exhaust manifolds of a Yamaha, 5.0 liter, V8, small block chevy, to Mercruiser exhaust manifolds? Yamaha parts are no longer available, and I understand that this is the least expensive and best option. Thanks.

I actually just got finished converting a Yamaha 5.7L sterndrive to Mercruiser cooling & exhaust. We used a Sierra Mercruiser manifold and thermostat conversion 18-1987-1. Except hosing and some small modifications to some brackets, almost direct bolt on. Exhaust risers/elbows even lined up with exiting exhaust output. If you're close to Arkansas we'd be happy to take a look at it and give you a quote. Or, if you just need some advice, post and I'd be happy to answer some questions for you.