Yamaha 4.3 l V6 parts ??

tom03

Seaman Apprentice
Hi,<br /><br />Im probably going to purchase a boat with a Yamaha 4.3l V6 (year 1993)engine.<br /><br />Apparently these Yamahas were only built for 2 years (92-94) and are an almost exact copy of the 4.3l Mercruiser.<br /><br />I wonder if any of you guys can confirm this, otherwise Im worried where to get spare parts from !!<br /><br />Thanks a lot, Tom

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Yamaha 4.3 l V6 parts ??

Hi Tom,<br />Welcome to the iboats forums.........<br /><br />Just My Opinion,<br /><br />Run as Fast as you Can, Away from that Boat.........<br /><br />Parts,+ Expertize are Almost Impossible to find for That Outdrive........<br /><br />Get either a Mercruiser, or Volvo Drive.......<br /><br />OMC,+ Yamaha are Out of Production...........<br />You'll be Buying a NightMare with either of these.......

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> yep what Bondo says.<br /> they were decent drives but parts and service is tough.<br /> good luck and keep posting

tom03

Seaman Apprentice

so they are not compatible with Mercruiser.<br /><br />Thanks a lot for your help, Tom

Bondo

Staff member

No,<br />Similar, But Worlds Apart........

Capt Ken

Commander

They were built in the years 89 and 90 but boat builders stockpiled them and used them thru the model year 95. Haven't really had a problem digging up parts for them but then ya gotta know where to look. Most Yamaha dealers don't want to go out of their way to help folks with these units and that's the problem. Yamaha has started producing some of the harder to find parts again like the exhaust system. You can pick these boats up for good prices now a days and aren't bad deals. Fresh water boats are really good deals. The drives are one of the most bullet proof drives ever built.

tom03

Seaman Apprentice

hmm, it is a fresh water (Michigan) boat.<br />A 1993 Rinker 202 Festiva, pretty good shape, incl. trailer $ 6500.-

swat'in flys

Cadet

I bought a 23ft Rinker a couple of years ago with the Yamaha set up. The person who had the boat before me had it docked and maintained at Toledo beach Marina. There is also another Marina in that area who still works on them. You can also get a lot of good information from Capt Ken on this site. I have purchased parts from him in the past. Good luck with your decision.

Bondo

Staff member

Sounds like Planning the Divorce,<br />At the Wedding Reciption.........<br />
A 1993 Rinker 202 Festiva, pretty good shape, incl. trailer $ 6500.-
What's the Exact Same Boat Worth,$$<br />With a Merc. or Volvo ?????????????????