Yamaha 3L sterndrive exhaust parts

jabramson

Recruit
I sent a PM to Ken about this but I am hoping someone else on the forum might shed light on finding the holy grail of yamaha parts.

I have been searching for some parts and from reading in the forum, perhaps you can help.

My Brother-in-Law has a boat with a 1992 3L Yamaha engine (sterndrive). The engine had a severe overheating problem that turned out to be a plugged riser (lack of water flow). We found that out when we finally got it apart. In the deconstruction, we also found that pipe that goes between the boots as well as the boots need replacing.

We got lucky and found a local shop that had a riser so he bought that. But he needs the rubber boots as well as the metal pipe that goes between them. In addition he needs the riser gasket.

I saw some mercruiser parts for the same size engine on Ebay but I don't know if they will fit.

Any chance that you might be able to come up with the, boots, pipe and gasket?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Yamaha 3L sterndrive exhaust parts

I saw some mercruiser parts for the same size engine on Ebay but I don't know if they will fit.

Any chance that you might be able to come up with the, boots, pipe and gasket?

Ayuh,..... I don't know Either,....
Yesterday was the 1st time I've ever even seen a Yamaha on a boat,+ I didn't bother to look to closely.....

If you pm me,....I'll give you Capt. Ken's email address......