No power at ignition wire

Kelsonj

Cadet
First off, thanks for the help with my Yems trouble. I ended up swapping that mess out as you guys reccommeded. The swap went good got it running and the timing in order. I had to get new tachs as they ran through the yems computer. While installing the new tach went to check the port motor and .....nothing. starboard fine with functioning tach.
no power at the purple anywhere. I checked it at the alternator, key switch, 2" engine harness plug and nothing no power on the purple wire period. The alternator has power with the key on at the red wire.

how is power feed to the purple wire/ key? Can I jump power at alternator from red to purple? I feel as I should be focused under the dash as I may have wiggled something loose but can't seem to find anything loose or cut. Also the port key switch has the kill switch.
it a 92 Renken with a pair of 4.3l engines
ThanKS for reading and hold no punches

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Let me further explain
Battery to starter is red
Starter to main breaker is red
Main breaker to ignition switch is red

Switched ignition is purple
From ignition switch to the kill switch is purple
Ignition switch to dash is purple
Kill switch to motor is purple

Either your ifnition switch is bad, or your kill switch is bad or you dont have power to the ignition switch

Kelsonj

Cadet
Right on....
the red wire was just about broken off flush with the back of the ignition Switch
thanks for helping me narrow it down
h