remote starter switch hookup

MRS

Commander
Working on boat need to hookup remote starter switch 86 4.3 do I hook to the + battery side and the black and purpule wire on the starter solenoid?
Thanks for any replys..

gm280

Supreme Mariner
MRS, you will hook to the battery positive side via a fused setup, and to the same place on the starter solenoid that the key switch would go too. If that is the purple wire then yes attack to that place as well. What you're trying to do is apply 12 volts to the starter solenoid when you push the switch to energize the starter solenoid to spin the starter.

MRS

Commander
gm280, Thanks! I checked solenoid S is red and yellow plus checked book and off the switch red and yellow is on S on the switch. Got some bad info. that it has to be the purple:facepalm: going out to hookup now, trying to check dwell and cannot see the meter when cranking motor so I need the remote starter so I can read meter. Thanks....

MRS

Commander
Thanks worked out perfect dwell is set right now on to timing.

MRS

Commander
OK timing good I did rebuilt carb dwell good but just now saw fuel dumping in to carb! Bad fuel pump should be back on the water soon.:D Thanks for the help...

MRS

Commander
Dang it makes me mad fuel pump only lasted 29 years!!!:smile-new: