Shift Cable Adjustment ???

KaGe

Cadet
Hi guys. I know this is an older post but I have similar issues with a 1989 Ford on aN OMC. Replace the ESA module and overstroke switch cured the problem. Now it seems that the rocker arm engages backward ie ESA module is engaged when running as opposed to when shifting to neutral.only fix I can see to this problem is to adjust the upper shift cable. Would this be correct?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If you know it's an old thread why hijack it? Look at the Help Tips on top of the page.

A new thread was started as you should have done. Thanks.

KaGe

Cadet
I simply asked a question not wanting to start a new thread if it wasnt needed. I appreciate your kind understanding.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I simply asked a question not wanting to start a new thread if it wasnt needed. I appreciate your kind understanding.

We do ask that you follow our rules. If you have a question, you have a valid reason to start a new thread with your question. You have to think of the original post. The poster was looking for answers for his problem and you didn't help him, you started a different topic within his old and inactive thread.

I hope you see what I'm trying to explain. Again look at the Help Tips. Thanks.