rochester 17086064

thraze

Cadet
I believe this is a 2gc carb.
It is on an 88 bayliner 140hp 3.0l engine.
Could anyone tell me the proper jet size and float adjustments for this carb.
The mfg number is in the title.
Thanks in advance.

alldodge

Staff member
I believe this is a 2gc carb.
It is on an 88 bayliner 140hp 3.0l engine.
Could anyone tell me the proper jet size and float adjustments for this carb.
The mfg number is in the title.
Thanks in advance.

Unable to find either, but the jet part number is 1397-2447 and most have a number stamped on them. The number would be the hole diameter in thousand's.

thraze

Cadet
Yea they are 60s in it now but there is no knowing that the size in it is correct.
It could have been rebuilt 20 times since the 1980s which is why I'm wondering what was factory size.
Thanks for your response.
I did find some adjustments for older 2gcs on another website.
Message me if you want the link.

thraze

Cadet
The issue I'm trying to fix is that you have to give it throttle extremely slow.
If you move the throttle too fast it backfires and shuts off.
Furthermore, the boat accelerates for the first half of the throttle throw but the second half of the throttle movement does not accelerate the boat or cause the engine to change in any way i.e. does not rev out

Bondo

Staff member
The issue I'm trying to fix is that you have to give it throttle extremely slow.
If you move the throttle too fast it backfires and shuts off.
Furthermore, the boat accelerates for the first half of the throttle throw but the second half of the throttle movement does not accelerate the boat or cause the engine to change in any way i.e. does not rev out

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... Sounds like yer carb needs a complete tear-down, cleanin', 'n rebuild, includin' the accelerator pump,....

thraze

Cadet
I have done that already twice with new parts kit the accelerator pump shoots two good streams of gas and it was cleaned the second time in an ultrasonic cleaner