new and lost

shades251

Cadet
A week ago I bought my first i/o. It is a 4.3 omc, with omc outdrive. The only thing on the out drive is omc and v6 stickers. The boat is a 1986 thundercraft malibu.

Now my back Ground. I am a diesel mechanic of 9 years now. This is my third boat. But my first i/o.

I have been working the kinks out and found that the trim did not work. So I check the trim oil in the pump and it was empty. So I filled it up and trim works but the trim cylinders leak. The trim cylinders are on the motor mounts. I really cant find much info on them. What I really need to know first is what type of seals are in them. If it is just o rings them I will just rebuild them. Has anyone been into the type of trim cylinder before

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral
If it is just o rings them I will just rebuild them. Has anyone been into the type of trim cylinder before
They're Parker T seals, Parker wipers and some orings.
Last time I looked all could still be bought at an Evinrude dealer, but pricey.
If you have an understanding hydraulics shop, they can match them to the Parker seals.

If oil has rotted the rubber mounts, that's trickier.

shades251

Cadet
Awsome thank you soo ok much. You anyone happen to know the parker number? And the rubber mounts are still ok.

shades251

Cadet
Just to update a local hydraulic supply company is ordering my seals I will post up part numbers and price as soon as I can