Problems with Aftermarket Marine (amarine.com)

Keaton

Seaman Apprentice
Has anyone had problems with Aftermarket Marine (amarine.com)?

I called them and talked to Shawn the owner, he was going to sell me a used/rebuilt stern drive for my boat. This call took place 3/20/2015, I had to do some checking on numbers over the weekend to determine if I needed a 21:16 or a 21:17. I emailed him and called him to follow up and get a shipping estimate.

I asked for an invoice with a shipping estimate to be emailed to me, never got it. They claim they emailed it several times but nothing ever showed up in my inbox or spam folder. I asked him to just take a picture of the invoice and text it to me. After 2-3 days and calling and asking for it I finally got it. I gave him payment information.

I was told the stern drive was shipped on Tuesday 4/14, its now 4/23, still no drive (3-4 days freight). I can't get a tracking number form them or the freight company that it was being shipped by. When I call them asking for it i get "I will text it to you" followed by hanging up.

I have now wasted over a month dealing with this company and my boat is not any closer to hitting water. I had planned a camping/boating trip 5/8-5/11 that it now looks like I wont be able to do.
I could have rebuilt the whole drive by now or handed it to a builder and have them do.

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer
You have the wrong website.
Sounds like you may need to contact your credit card company.
Sorry for your troubles.

Bondo

Staff member
Nope,.... I ain't done any business with 'em,....

'n it probably ain't in good taste to whine 'bout a direct competitor here at iboats either,....

Just sayin',.....

Is this an OMC drive,..??

Keaton

Seaman Apprentice
You have the wrong website.
Sounds like you may need to contact your credit card company.
Sorry for your troubles.
you are right, its amarket.com
already contacted my CC company
missed are the days where peoples words meant something

Nope,.... I ain't done any business with 'em,....

'n it probably ain't in good taste to whine 'bout a direct competitor here at iboats either,....

Just sayin',.....

Is this an OMC drive,..??

yes its an OMC cobra.

didnt realize here (iboats) was a competitor... thought it was a boat forum, looked to be a popular one at that. the pricing on the link about it extremely high, for the cost of just a lower I can convert to a merc alpha 1 gen 2.

looks like i'm not the only person with this problem
http://www.yellowpages.com/kenner-la/mip/aftermarket-marine-463403496

Had I known this would never have used them or wasted my time with them

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer
It was at one point owned by Maurice Kavanagh.
Shawn Dessalles has been with them since 1996.
Maybe this info will help.
BTW, their credit is awful.

southkogs

Staff member
didnt realize here (iboats) was a competitor... thought it was a boat forum, looked to be a popular one at that...
It's both: Note the parts and accessories link at the top of the page.

Just be careful how you proceed in this topic. Forum rule is: "Attacks (bashing) on any person, organization, company or other entity will not be permitted. Reporting experiences with any vendor, website or organization must be limited to facts. Unqualified attacks will be considered bashing."