Seaswirl of vintage variety

sam60

Captain
It seems crazy to me that I couldn't get any interest when I listed my boat with a $6,000 reserve on ebay, but I see used OMC drive components listed to sell for more than I asked for boat. :violin: IMG_0693.jpg

Don't flog me for the drive being up, moved to wash. :)

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
BoatTrader and Craigslist

Have to be patient with boats that size.

Last edited:

strikemike

Seaman
Next to the OMC engine and size you have to like also the appearance of the boat.

southkogs

Staff member
Betcha' that thing is roomy on the inside, Sam. Reminds me of the boats they cruise the rivers with in Britain.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... So how old is it,..??

Which drive,..??

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
That boat is going to be very tough to sell on eBay. Might also be tough to sell because of where you live although it should be a great boat for Mead.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
It's also very early for people looking at buying boats. Put it up in a number of places and don't get too excited until April rolls around.

I have a Mercury remote control that I took off my pontoon and am going to sell on eBay. I am not even going to bother listing it for another month or so.

Last edited:

sam60

Captain
Betcha' that thing is roomy on the inside, Sam. Reminds me of the boats they cruise the rivers with in Britain.

Yeah, kogs...lots of space and storage below. I'm 5'-10" and can almost stand upright. Sleeps 4 very comfortably.

I forgot how to multi-quote but I hear you Bruce.

sam60

Captain
image_215434.jpg
it should be a great boat for Mead.

Just a bit west of Temple Bar Marina, AZ on Lake Mead.

LakeMeadSept2012064.jpg

Did all but the machine work on the block. .030 over the stock 454, new cam also added... took my B-Day off in 2011 to install the engine. The big old girl does 37 at WOT.

enginein030.jpg

It was a good experience but next boat will be a Colorado River rental.

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Looks like a real nice river boat. Might be a nice "looper."

sam60

Captain
Sold for much, much less. It hasn't seen any use in the last 3 years, sort of a bummer as I love that boat...Awesome hull.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for the up-date.
​That drive/motor combo would be one of very few that I would consider from OMC.

sam60

Captain
End of an era! Bummer.

Next boat? :D

Kogs, the new owner just pulled it out of my back yard. I have a friend that lives near Willow Beach, AZ and has kayaks. I may accept his past invitations to row the Colorado this spring.

southkogs

Staff member
I've done several river trips (day trips) here in TN - one in a rowboat with an outboard, a couple in canoes and one in tubes. I liked the tubing the least, but really I enjoyed drifting the rivers quite a bit. I could probably manage to get used to it.