shift interrupter unhooked

OH. DON

Cadet
ok i recently bought a 67 starcraft. i had some problems with it when shifting.i have replaced the lower shift cable and bellows. and i also found someone has un hooked the shift interrupter switch.i want to hook it back up rt.

OH. DON

Cadet
it has 2 bwn wires on one side of switch and 2 blk wires on other side.i know 1 bwn goes to - side of coil and the black goes to grnd. does anyone know were the other bwn wire goes to.

OH. DON

Cadet
i checked the switch to make sure it was good the switch checked out ok. i hooked 1 bwn to - side of coil 1 blk to grnd.ihook the boat up to the muffs and ran the motor shifted gear it seemed to be shifting good . just not sure what the other set of wires on the switch is suposed to go.

southkogs

Staff member
Hi OH. Don & Welcome aboard:

I'm a little unclear as to what you're working on. Sounds like you have a mechanical shift Stringer, but a '67 would be an Electric Shift. Got pictures of what you're working on?

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer
He has a 67 Starcraft with a Merc.
I think he posted in the wrong forum.

frank246

Petty Officer 1st Class
To see if the interupter switch is working ok.. the engine must stall when you activate the switch
You can not check the proper function of it outside the water as there is no load on the prop.
The interuptor should work only when shifting out of gear under load not when shifting into gear.

OH. DON

Cadet
i had the boat out today the switch is working i was just wandering were the other bwn wire goes.