83 Four Winns Marquise 170 brougham

83-four-winns

Recruit
I bought this boat with out the motor and all the hook ups all that is there is the transom mount and lower unit the exhaust pipe is on the left side if standing at back of boat looking in. I have been told it had a 327 Chevy SB. I looked all over the internet and have found nothing in relations to this problem. I keep seeing boats like this having a 3.0 4 cyl. I need help. I have tried running vin / hull number and nothing comes back please help me.

Bondo

Staff member
I bought this boat with out the motor and all the hook ups all that is there is the transom mount and lower unit the exhaust pipe is on the left side if standing at back of boat looking in. I have been told it had a 327 Chevy SB. I looked all over the internet and have found nothing in relations to this problem. I keep seeing boats like this having a 3.0 4 cyl. I need help. I have tried running vin / hull number and nothing comes back please help me.

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,.... Considerin' it's a 17' boat, with a single exhaust pipe, it no doubt had a 2.5l or a 3.0l motor originally,....

If it's the remnants of an OMC drive, ya really got Nothin' to work with,....
Why did ya buy it,..??

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Post some pics of the inside of the boat.
Maybe it's not an OMC?
Like Bondo said they are usually more trouble than they're worth.

83-four-winns

Recruit
I bought it as a fixer up, I only gave $350 for the boat and trailer its an I/O drive. Ill have to take pics of it.

83-four-winns

Recruit
I am about ready to give up on trying to fix it, I am about ready to start parting it out, I still have the trans mount, lower unit, prop, shifter and cable, steering and cable, the full walk through the fuel tank, and single axle trailer. I know I can double my money back and just save up for an already running boat, its just at the time i thought i was doing good but now I see I aint.

83-four-winns

Recruit
No Title

Attachments

• photo209496.jpg
    photo209496.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo209497.jpg
    photo209497.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo209498.jpg
    photo209498.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo209499.jpg
    photo209499.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 0

83-four-winns

Recruit
The lower unit was already loose and gasket needs replaced any way, the motor is missing i dont see bell housing drive bushings the motor was scrapped out when i had bought the boat, i need to know the size of motor to see if its worth putting money into or scrap out