165 omc overheats

velija

Cadet
Hi there fellas So I was out trying to do some fishing when I realized that the temp gauge was going on to 200 f and on So I killed the engine and waited for it to cool down a bit When I started it back on I had the line disconnected that feeds the fresh water into the heat exchanger and the flow was very low a lot lower and what I remember it to be or at least think it used to be a lot more pressure So I think it's the impeller or could I have crap stuck in the fresh water intake My out board is the omc 800 with electric shift If impeller goes bad will it still push water through Thank you all

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
When I started it back on I had the line disconnected that feeds the fresh water into the heat exchanger and the flow was very low a lot lower and what I remember it to be or at least think it used to be a lot more pressure So I think it's the impeller or could I have crap stuck in the fresh water intake

Howdy,

I think there's a question in there........but it looks like you may have answered it yourself!;)

Start at the water pick-up. inspect/replace the impeller, look for obstructions in the water line from the pump to the engine.

Regards,

Rick

southkogs

Staff member
^^^^ I think that's correct.

800 drives aren't electric shift. They're either hydro-mechanical or full-mechanical. What year is your drive?