Power steering cylinder

dre0256

Seaman Apprentice
I have this steering cylinder in my 1996 200 Horizon Four Winns OMC 3850244 (it will not let me copy and paste the web address) and the seal on the shaft that goes through part number 8 can not be purchased. Am sure other people have had this same problem, there has to be a fix that does not require the purchase of a new steering cylinder. Any and all help greatly appreciated. I have searched for hours before going to a local marina in which they spent about an hour looking and calling different places all to be told there is no rebuild kit and the seal can't be purchased.

Thanks in advance
Dre

Last edited:

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral
Re: Power steering cylinder

You might be able to take the old seal in to a place that sells hydraulic seals and have it matched up. I'd be surprised if it isn't Parker. OMC used a lot of Parker seals.

dre0256

Seaman Apprentice

You might be able to take the old seal in to a place that sells hydraulic seals and have it matched up. I'd be surprised if it isn't Parker. OMC used a lot of Parker seals.

I was thinking that, but wanted to see if anyone on here (which am sure they have) has had this problem and how they solved it, besides buying a new one.

Last edited:

dre0256

Seaman Apprentice

I did find some numbers on the seal. I used a magnafying glass to read it. Seems like the seal is made by KACO and has the following numbers QFNH 16.23 VG01 but so far I can't find anything on it on the web.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Try Granger they might have it.
They have a lot of hard to find and can match a lot of pieces.